£7 pay as you go
THIS GROUP IS CURRENTLY AT CAPACITY, SO WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS TIME!
Having started as a short beginners ukulele course in December 2012, the Coda Ukulele Band has evolved into an accomplished group who can engage and entertain audiences of all ages.
The band, led by Stuart Jebbit, which has an extensive repertoire of popular classics and original material, has performed numerous festivals and public events, including the Milford on Sea Music Festival, Eastleigh Mardi Gras and Mudeford Arts Festival.
They have also played live on BBC Radio Solent, joined a successful Guinness World Record attempt and completed a 24 hour fundraising ‘Ukathon’.
CODA UKULELE BAND – A SHORT GUIDE
1. We are a Ukulele BAND rather than a Ukulele JAM – we learn, arrange and rehearse our material ready for performances.
2. Our repertoire is a mixture of mainstream rock, pop, rockabilly and skiffle, along with some original material.
3. Band members are asked to play ukuleles rather than metal bodied banjoleles, which are too loud and produce the wrong sound for our repertoire.
4. We play 1-2 (maximum of 2) performances per month – usually local events where we can raise money for Coda Music Trust.
5. Unlike most ukulele jams, we don’t do group singing in unison (unless it’s part of the arrangement). Instead we have a lead vocal with specific backing vocals for each song.
6. Most importantly, we are a fun social group.
Check out “Coda Ukulele Band” on youtube or click the links below to see the Coda Ukulele Band in action!
The Band even made it into the local Press with their French Trip:
In 2015, the Band released their first CD of original material entitled ‘Lucky Old Ukulele Me’.
All proceeds from the sale of this CD are donated to Coda’s work in the community.
The Coda Ukulele Band even made a promotional video for this EP release which you can see here
You can buy copies of the EP for just £5 and all of the proceeds are donated to Coda for work in the community. Copies are available from Coda Music Centre office or contact Coda on email@example.com or call 01425 276161
“Thank you – a trillion times over. The Coda Ukulele Band really set the mood of the Mudeford Arts Festival with a happy and entertaining performance. I enjoyed listening to you all – as did the audience! I am so glad that I gave you a longer slot than most! I am definitely keeping your details, as you are all truly an asset for any public event. With much appreciation.”
Zina, Mudeford Arts Festival