Firstly, this is just a reminder that this is the last week of the Spring Term.
Term ends on THURSDAY 1st APRIL (Friday 2nd April is Good Friday, so there are no lessons).
Coda Music Centre will re-open for the Summer Term on Monday 19th April (subject to any further changes) for face-to-face ‘in-person’ lessons (with all appropriate measures in place).
We will need to continue to take every precaution to protect you and our tutors and keep everyone as safe as possible as we reopen our doors again, so it’s important that we all continue to follow the guidelines put in place.
For now, none of our groups will be meeting together ‘in person’ at Coda Music Centre but we will continue to provide regular updates regarding the re-introduction of our groups and look forward to our groups meeting again later in the Summer term.
We hope, like us, that you are excited by the prospect of making music in person again and looking forward to returning to the music centre.
CODA MUSIC TRUST COVID-19 MEASURES
Please ensure you have read our guidelines carefully before attending the centre so that you are familiar with the procedures.
A few changes to your usual routine will be required when visiting Coda Music Centre, so please ensure you are familiar with new procedures. This way we can all take the appropriate measures to remain safe.
These guidelines are below or you can read them on the Coda website click here
IS IT SAFE TO COME TO CODA MUSIC CENTRE?
We take the health and safety of our students and staff very seriously.
We are following government safety guidelines and rest assured that we are confident that the appropriate safety measures have been met. We have undertaken a full risk assessment for the music centre.
What safety measures have been put into place?
In line with government and industry guidelines, we have put a number of safety measures in place so that you can relax and enjoy making music, safe in the knowledge that we have everything covered.
This requires a few changes to your usual centre visit:
- We ask that you wait outside the centre until it is time for your lesson, to reduce the time you spend indoors. Your tutor will collect you from the car park. Please make yourself known to them and they will make themselves visible to you. You will then return to the car park after the lesson (following the one-way system if applicable).
- We have installed a one-way system in parts of the building and are following social distancing throughout the centre so that we can all give one another the space we need to feel safe.
- Doors will be clearly marked as entry points for teaching rooms (e.g. the Piano room will be accessed through the black door leading directly to it from the car park; The Acoustic room will be accessed through the black door leading directly to it from the car park; The entrance for Piggery Rooms 1 – 7 will be via the Piggery doors with a one-way system in place to exit via the café).
- We have made complementary hand sanitiser readily available at regular points throughout the centre – please use this on entering and leaving the building.
- Two toilets are clearly marked and available for hand-washing (the café is closed for this purpose).
- Social distancing will be maintained in teaching rooms and clear screens will be employed for extra safety. Windows can be opened for additional ventilation.
- We have trained our staff to handle extra cleaning measures and will be thoroughly cleaning all seats, instruments, screens, door handles and music stands between lessons.
- Masks must be worn by both staff and students while attending the centre.
- We ask that you pay invoices by phone or online if possible, to reduce the need to visit the office. Our staff are available to answer calls and emails from 10am to 5pm from Monday to Thursday but Coda reception is currently closed to visitors.
Instead a temporary office will be available in the café area from 3 – 5pm on Monday to Thursday should you wish to pay by card or have any enquiries where you would prefer to speak with our admin team face to face.
- The music centre will receive a full, thorough clean at the start of each day, using steam cleaning equipment regularly and focusing on touch points (door handles, taps, etc)
- If you – or anyone in your household – are showing any of the symptoms of Covid-19, or have been advised by NHS Test & Trace to self-isolate, please DO NOT attend Coda Music Centre and please call us to let us know.
- Don’t forget your mask! Disposable masks will be available if you forget.
- Please bring your own drinking water, drinks or snacks (the café facilities are currently closed)
- We ask that you pay invoices by phone or online if possible, to reduce the need to visit the office.
HOW WILL SOCIAL DISTANCING BE ENFORCED?
We have implemented a one-way system at certain points within our music centre so that students and visitors can pass through the building while maintaining a safe distance from others at all times.
Students are asked to wait outside the centre and only enter when collected for lessons via the appropriate entrance.
WILL DRINKS & FOOD BE AVAILABLE AT CODA?
For now, we are removing the drink-making facilities and snacks.
CAN I HAVE ONLINE LESSONS INSTEAD?
Yes! If you would prefer not to attend the centre, we are providing lessons online. Please advise us if you would prefer to continue with online lessons.
Coda has a full safeguarding policy for online lessons, which can be accessed on the Coda website here: coda.org.uk/online-lesson-safeguarding-policy/
We hope that you enjoy a relaxing Easter break and look forward to welcoming you safely back to Coda Music Centre for the Summer Term!