CODA MUSIC TRUST COVID-19 MEASURES
WHEN WILL CODA MUSIC CENTRE REOPEN?
We will begin to reopen our Music Centre for the Autumn Term on Monday 7th September 2020, offering face-to-face (where possible) and online lessons.
If you would prefer online lessons instead of attending the centre in person, please let us know.
Please be aware that all of our plans are subject to changing government advice and restrictions.
IS IT SAFE TO COME TO CODA MUSIC CENTRE?
We take the health and safety of our students and staff very seriously.
We are following government safety guidelines and rest assured that we are confident that the appropriate safety measures have been met. We have undertaken a full risk assessment for the music centre.
What safety measures have been put into place?
In line with government and industry guidelines, we are putting a number of safety measures in place so that you can relax and enjoy making music, safe in the knowledge that we have everything covered.
This requires a few changes to your usual centre visit:
- We ask that you wait outside the centre until it is time for your lesson, to reduce the time you spend indoors. Your tutor will collect you from the car park. Please make yourself known to them and they will make themselves visible to you. You will then return to the car park after the lesson (following the one-way system if applicable).
- We have installed a one-way system in parts of the building and are following social distancing throughout the centre so that we can all give one another the space we need to feel safe.
- Doors will be clearly marked as entry points for teaching rooms (e.g. the Piano room will be accessed through the black door leading directly to it from the car park; The Acoustic room will be accessed through the black door leading directly to it from the car park; The entrance for Piggery Rooms 1 – 7 will be via the Piggery doors with a one-way system in place to exit via the café).
- We have made complementary hand sanitiser readily available at regular points throughout the centre – please use this on entering and leaving the building.
- Two toilets are clearly marked and available for hand-washing (the café is closed for this purpose).
- Social distancing will be maintained in teaching rooms and clear screens will be employed for extra safety. Windows can be opened for additional ventilation.
- We have trained our staff to handle extra cleaning measures and will be thoroughly cleaning all seats, instruments, screens, door handles and music stands between lessons.
- Masks must be worn by both staff and students while attending the centre.
- We ask that you pay invoices by phone or online if possible, to reduce the need to visit the office. Our staff are available to answer calls and emails from 10am to 5pm from Monday to Thursday but Coda reception is currently closed to visitors.
Instead a temporary office will be available in the café area from 3 – 5pm on Monday to Thursday should you wish to pay by card or have any enquiries where you would prefer to speak with our admin team face to face.
- The music centre will receive a full, thorough clean at the start of each day, using steam cleaning equipment regularly and focusing on touch points (door handles, taps, etc)
- If you – or anyone in your household – are showing any of the symptoms of Covid-19, or have been advised by NHS Test & Trace to self-isolate, please DO NOT attend Coda Music Centre and please call us to let us know.
- Don’t forget your mask! Disposable masks will be available if you forget.
- Please bring your own drinking water, drinks or snacks (the café facilities are currently closed)
- We ask that you pay invoices by phone or online if possible, to reduce the need to visit the office.
HOW WILL SOCIAL DISTANCING BE ENFORCED?
We have implemented a one-way system at certain points within our music centre so that students and visitors can pass through the building while maintaining a safe distance from others at all times.
Students are asked to wait outside the centre and only enter when collected for lessons via the appropriate entrance.
WILL DRINKS & FOOD BE AVAILABLE AT CODA?
For now, we are removing the drink-making facilities and snacks.
CAN I HAVE ONLINE LESSONS INSTEAD?
Yes! If you would prefer not to attend the centre, we are providing lessons online and, at the moment, some of our lessons can only be accessed online to ensure your safety
Our pilot programme of online lessons in July proved how great learning online can be. Feedback from students told us their was no impact on the quality of the lesson and all our tutors are ready to provide online lessons at any point, should we need to close the centre again.
Please contact the office and we will provide guidance and information on how to access lessons online, what you will need and what to expect. Coda has a full safeguarding policy for online lessons, which can be accessed on the Coda website here: coda.org.uk/online-lesson-safeguarding-policy/
HOW DO I GET IN CONTACT WITH YOU?
You can reach us at email@example.com or by calling 01425 276161
If you would like updates about Coda’s opening plans, please visit our website: www.coda.org.uk. You can also follow us on social media for updates on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (@CodaMusicTrust).