Coda Music Trust is a registered charity, which seeks to transform the lives of individuals within our local community through the power of music.
We have ambitious expansion plans over the next three years to ensure we are able to make an even greater transformational impact within the local community. In order to achieve this we have been granted £75,000 from the Arts Council England, which will only become available to us if we are able to match it through our own fundraising efforts.
We are, therefore, running a three-year fundraising campaign ‘Coda in the Community’ to allow us to raise an additional £75,000 through trusts and foundations; local businesses; individual donors, and the community.
Chair of Trustees Position
The charity has an active and engaged voluntary and non-executive Board with five members and is looking to recruit a new Chair to lead them from Spring 2017.
We are seeking an inspirational individual to work closely with the CEO to lead the organisation through its next stage of development and to figurehead a new emphasis on philanthropic giving at the charity.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a skilled board of a progressive and fast growing charity, making a difference to the lives of local people through music.
The Chair must have a strong interest in the arts; be committed to the objectives of Coda Music Trust and ideally be well networked in the local and regional area.
In particular the Chair must be able to:
- Support the profile raising and fundraising activities of the trust
- Harness the skills and experience of the Board to the benefit of Coda and chair four Board meetings a year, generally held at the Centre
- Shape the strategic direction of the organisation and take a leadership role in the development and implementation of the business plan and fundraising strategy
- Line-manage the CEO and act as a sounding board and guide to support them in their role in leading the staff team
- Ensure appropriate governance and lead the Board in carrying out its legal, financial, employment and other responsibilities
- Act as an ambassador for the Trust and bring a range of high level contacts and networks in supporting the work and profile of Coda.
The ideal candidate will also:
- Have at least three years experience working at senior management level; or at least three years experience of arts fundraising or marketing at a senior level, or other relevant professional experience
- Have an active interest in and commitment to the arts
- Have the ability to think and plan strategically and a commitment to the successful delivery of the Centre’s future plans
- Be a team player with excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, comfortable in appearing in a wide range of public forums
- Have leadership and visionary skills
- Provide access to a range of people of means and influence in areas relevant to the Trust
How to apply
For more information about Coda Music Trust and the Board of Trustees role please CLICK HERE
A CV and supporting statement should be sent to email@example.com or by post to Phil Hallett, CEO, Coda Music Trust, Chewton Farm Road, Christchurch, Dorset BH23 5QL.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 17 February 2017.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview in the week commencing 6th March 2017.