ADULT IMPROVERS UKULELE COURSE
Fridays 6 – 7pm
in The Acoustic Room, Coda Music Centre
Cost £50 for 10 week course
Starting Friday 11th January 2019
The Improvers course will take place on a Friday evening from 6 – 7pm and will be led by James Arthur.
It will be a natural progression from the Beginners course and will continue to develop the skills and techniques needed to play ukulele music.
The course will cover:
- Learning moveable chords
- How to pick longer melody lines
- Playing multi part arrangements together (like a band/ukulele orchestra)
- A stronger focus on learning to play in a group
- How to play finger style studies using thumb and fingers
- Expanding chord repertoire – moving away from just 1st position chords
- Learning barre chords
- More strumming patterns reinforced with strumming pattern studies
- Focusing on (roughly) 3 new pieces/exercises per week
The course will run for 10 weeks on the following dates:
11th, 18th and 25th January
1st, 8th, 15th February
1st, 8th, 15th and 22nd March
(N.B. there is no session 22nd Feb as this is Half Term)
If you are interested in continuing and would like a place on this course, please confirm with the Coda office.
For those of you who have already completed our Beginners Ukulele course – or anyone wishing to brush-up their skills – this Improvers course will bridge the gap and equip you with the necessary technique, chord repertoire and confidence to take your playing to the next level.